Best Tips for Dyeing Hair Systems
Natural hair is not the only one that loses pigments over time; the hair system too fades away! No matter how much you care, with time, the original shade of your hair system will usually turn to more of an orange shade - the reason is oxidation.
When your hair system is exposed to oxygen and ultraviolet rays (also known as UV light), oxidation occurs. Those UV light rays affect your hair system color by making contact with oxygen molecules; as a result, they turn to a dull red color.
Fortunately enough, it is entirely possible to dye your hair systems, and if you do it the right way, you will be able to achieve beautiful results.
In this article, we will look into how you can dye your hair systems at the comfort of your home without the need for an expert. Moreover, we’ve also added some great tips to increase the longevity of your hair systems. Keep scrolling!
Before you start dyeing your hair system, you need to make sure the following things:
- Your hair system is thoroughly clean and dry because if it isn’t clean, it will affect your desired results - you can use shampoos specifically designed for hair systems and let your hair system air dry.
- Your room in which you’re planning to dye your hair system should be well-lit (natural light works best!), so you can judge the color more accurately.
- Make sure to choose the shade color which is one or two shades lighter than the results you want to achieve - because hair systems are more porous and readily absorb more color than natural hair.
Now comes the step of having your supplies ready. For supplies, you will need:
- Styrofoam head model to place your hair system
- Aluminum foil to cover the styrofoam model to avoid staining
- Gloves - yes, your hands need to avoid staining too!
- Hair dye - of course!
- Plastic cup to mix your dye
- A metal wide-toothed comb
- Shampoo and leave-in conditioner
- Soft towel to pat dry your hair system
Step # 1 - Prepare the Hair System
Once you make sure your hair system is thoroughly cleaned, cover your styrofoam head model with aluminum foil and secure your hair system on it.
Step # 2 - Prepare and Apply Hair Dye
Now read the instructions on the hair dye carton, and mix your dye accordingly. Divide your hair system into sections and apply the dye section by section, starting from the top and then working your way down. Use a brush for even distribution of dye. Make sure the dye doesn’t touch your hair base to avoid unwanted stains.
Wait until the dye works its magic. Either read the carton instructions to see how long to wait or just keep doing regular color check-ups after some time.
Step # 3 - Wash and Dry
When your desired color is achieved, it is time to rinse your hairpiece. Carefully remove the system from the styrofoam model and rinse the hairpiece in lukewarm running water, ensuring the dye doesn’t contact the base.
Use hair system shampoo to give it a nice wash, and pat dry with a soft towel. Place your hair system on the styrofoam model again, apply a leave-in conditioner to seal color, add moisture, and avoid tangling. Now leave it to air dry.
Ta-da! Your hair system is brand new, beautifully colored, all-ready to be adorned and flaunted!
Tips to Increase the Longevity of Hair Systems
- The first step to a long-lasting hair system is to invest in a high-quality hair system. Check out our exclusive range of hair systems here.
- Use shampoos specifically formulated for hair systems. The detergents in regular shampoos will strip the hair shaft and damage the knots at the base.
- Use leave-in conditioners, especially when you’re working outside in the light and before and after swimming.
- Use caps, hats, or headscarves when you’re in light to minimize oxidation.
PS: Still confused? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for expert advice!
LaVividHair is seeking for blog contributors who know and love hair. If you know alternative hair or hair related accessories, if you have great understanding of hair trends and fashion, if you are expert in hair care, if you have any experience with salons or celebrities, if you would like to share your experience to help people just like you make the right choice, now contact us at email@example.com to be a blog contributor. Let’s discuss the details then.